To better protect your privacy, we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used.
Who we are
Mieles Don Ferro® is a family owned business. It all started with one hive in 2000. Our main objective is to commercialize honey from Meliponas bees in a responsible way. Our honey is produced following non-invasive principles towards bees and their environment. It is a high quality, 100% natural product. The beehives are located in an area surrounded by mountains where wildflowers abound.
Our website address is: https://mielesdonferro.com.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We respect your privacy and security in browsing our website. Any and all information collected on the site will be kept strictly confidential and will not be sold, disclosed to third parties or reused without your permission. The information that we collect on the web site is used solely in helping fulfill your order. Any information you give to us will be held with care and will not be used in ways that you may not have consented to. The personal information collected and the uses of that information are as follows:
- Name—we need your name in order to identify you as a customer and/or your gift recipients.
- Email address—your accurate email is needed for sending you information such as order confirmation, tracking information, and a copy of your invoice with orders.
- Address—needed for shipping to you and/or your gift recipients.
- Credit card number and expiration— this information is needed for payment processing, this data is securely transmitted for the purpose of payment on orders and is never received at Mieles Don Ferro. No one at Mieles Don Ferro has access to your credit card information.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
How to contact us:
If you have questions or concerns about these privacy policies, please contact us at email@example.com
We ships our products within all provinces in Canada. We also offer worldwide shipping except for countries where Canada Post doesn’t ship or countries where is risky to ship because of war, conflicts or any other events out of our control that could put a risk to the package to arrives. Mieles Don Ferro reserves the right to cancel the order without prior notice if it finds a risky situation when sending the package.
We strive to ship your product safely and as fast as possible. We offer a variety of shipping methods. Shipping times will vary based on the option you choose. The dynamic calculator in our checkout chart will provide precise shipping amounts once you enter quantities and destinations. Online postal orders usually ship within 24hrs when ordered between Monday through Friday. If the address provided for shipping is incorrect you will be responsible for any additional charges to ensure your product arrives at the right place.
When will my order ship:
We process orders Monday through Saturday from 8 AM- 5 PM. Orders placed after 4 pm are processed the next business day. Orders placed on Sunday will begin processing on Monday. All standard Canada shipping holidays apply.
Contact us before the order has shipped to get a complete refund. Once the order is marked as complete and the package is shipped it’s too late for us to cancel your order.
We work hard to bring to you some of the best Melipona honey varietals from around the world and we take great pride in our products. If for some reason you are not satisfied with your purchase, please contact us and we will do our best to help you.
- Products that do not have any defect or damage are not eligible for returns.
- Shipping charges are not refundable.
- Return credit and exchanges require a Mieles Don Ferro
- Purchases made from entities other than Mieles Don Ferro are not eligible for return credit or exchange. Please contact the retailer where the purchase was made and inquire about their exchange or return policy.
- Returns and exchanges must be made within 30 days of receipt.
- Opened items are not eligible for full return credit.
- Items that are shipped to Mieles Don Ferro without adequate packing to ensure the safe return and are subsequently damaged are not eligible for full return credit.
- Please return via an insured parcel post for tracking purposes. Mieles Don Ferro cannot be responsible for packages lost in transit.
If you have any questions concerning your return, please contact us.
Billing and Sales Tax Terms:
- Your card is charged upon completion and confirmation of your online transaction. You will receive an order confirmation by email which will summarize all transactional information.
- All returns on items purchased online will be processed in the form of an electronic transactional credit to the card originally used to make the online purchase.
- Sales tax will be applied per the regulation of your state at the point of online sale.
- Please contact us if you have any questions about billing, internet sales tax, or shipping.